REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS CLOSED
Theme: Compassion + Resilience: Spiritual Resources for Polarized Times
Faculty: Frank Rogers and Christopher Carter
Leaders: Johnny Sears and Claire McKeever-Burgett
Registrar: Donna Bryant at email@example.com or 615-340-7233
Sponsors: The Upper Room
We live in polarized times. Political and religious divides threaten the bonds of civil discourse that sustain our communities; and tensions around race continue to rise to frighteningly violent proportions. The turbulent storms within us, as well—fear, anxiety, despair, and enraged indignation—wreak havoc within our minds, bodies, and spirits. This Online Academy Day Apart with Frank Rogers, Jr. of the Center for Engaged Compassion and Christopher Carter of the University of San Diego Department of Theology and Religious Studies explores spiritual resources that ground us in our sacred source, still the storms within us through self-compassion, and cultivate a world where people of difference can live with one another in a spirit of dignity and mutual understanding.
ACADEMY DAY APART INCLUDES:
- Pre-retreat reading, viewing, and listening material
- Pre-retreat “Creating Sacred Space at Home” guide
- Day-of LIVE interactive and embodied teaching with Frank Rogers, Jr. + Christopher Carter
- Day-of LIVE Academy Worship
- Day-of invitations into prolonged silence and prayer
- Day-of small group discussion
- Day-of free time and breaks
- Day-of link to yoga + holy movement practice accessible for all abilities (optional)
- Post-retreat reading + engagement for going deeper
Space is limited. Registration deadline extended through Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
- $60 full registration rate
- $120 full rate + sponsor another participant
- $40 student rate
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE registering if in need of scholarship assistance.
*The Online Academy Day Apart is valued at $120; however, we’re offering the course at half of that—$60/participant.
Email email@example.com with questions or for more information.